What we see greatly depends on how we look at it. The truth is, our perspective on life comes from the psychological cage we’ve been held captive in. A cage created by a difficult past, a sheltered life, social influence, mass-media stereotyping etc.. And our perspective only changes when we consciously and gradually work to free our minds.
The pointers below are simple reminders to keep your mind uncaged and your perspective wide.
- The richest person isn’t the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least. Wealth is a mindset. Want less and appreciate more today. Be thankful for your life. Always remember, someone else is happy in less than what you have and someone else is praying for the things you take for granted!
- Most of your fears are much bigger in your mind than they are in reality. You’ll see this for yourself as soon as you face them. Start facing your fears, head on!
- If you’re lucky enough to have two good options, always go with the one that scares you the most, because that’s the one that is going to help you grow.
- It takes courage to grow and become who you really are. Don’t fear change. You may lose something good, but you will definitely gain something great.
- Growth is painful. Change is painful. But in the end, nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you do not belong. It’s always better to be exhausted from meaningful work than to be tired of doing nothing.
- Do what you have to do, but leave space too. Be flexible. Don’t overbook your life with rigid plans. Sometimes great moments happen unplanned and big regrets happen by not reaching exactly what was planned.
- The strongest among us aren’t those who show strength you can see, but those who have won incredible inner battles you know nothing about. So be kind. You can’t always see people’s pain, but they can always feel your kindness. Being kind to people is a peaceful way to live, and a beautiful legacy to leave behind.
- Three things ultimately define you: Your patience when you have nothing, your attitude when you have everything, and who you help whenever you are able.
- Be humble. Be teachable. The world is bigger than your view of the world. There’s always room for a new idea, a new step, a new perspective… a new beginning.
- Don’t stress about the closed doors behind you. New doors are opening every moment and you will see them if you keep stepping forward. Until you are stuck in the past, you won’t be able to see the new opportunities that open up. Don’t stagnate. Move on!