The biggest problem with motivation is the perception that makes us think that our motivation is hiding somewhere probably behind a tree or under the bed. But that couldn’t be any farther from truth.
The truth is, our motivation comes from doing the right things. When our efforts have meaning behind them, it motivates us to take the next step. When the everyday schedule is in harmony with the core goals that is when you would feel motivated to leave the bed behind and head off to work.
However, you don’t have to worry if you are on the right path but still can’t feel motivated enough because of minor setbacks, untimely failures or a difficult patch going on in your life. Here are some mantras for you to give you that boost of motivation to get you back on track.
- “It’s time to do what’s right, not what’s easy.” And remember, when the task is a big one, do just a little bit of it every day. Take small yet steady steps. Even the tiniest daily ritual changes everything in the long run.
- Occasionally, you are disappointed in yourself. When that happens, transform your disappointment into forgiveness… and then determination. “It’s OK to make mistakes. That’s how you get wiser.” Give yourself a break, and don’t give up! Good things take time, and you’re getting there.
- Temporary pain is inevitable. Long-term suffering is optional. So do your best to let it GO. And on particularly hard days when you feel that you can’t endure, remind yourself: “Your track record for getting through hard days is 100% so far.”
- “It isn’t as bad as it feels right now. It will all work out. Relax and trust yourself.” That is the truth. Be present. Put your full trust in yourself by following your intuition and doing your best. Life will not forsake you. Mindfulness and hard work combined rarely lead a person astray in the long run.
- “It’s not personal, even though it feels personal.” Yet, it’s so hard not to internalize other people’s negative remarks as a reflection on your worth. But they aren’t, the way other people behave is not about you. Most people are so caught up in their own issues that the thought of being kind doesn’t even cross their minds.
- You are in 100% control of YOU. Your decisions in each and every moment determine the quality of life that you live. Be positive, always. When you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what’s happening. That’s where your power is! Take a deep breath and remind yourself of the truth: “I choose my response, and that changes everything.”