In this chaotic life, all our focus is concentrated on how to make our life perfect. And while trying to make our lives perfect, we tend to ignore some of the really perfect moments. We focus so much on the big things that the little things go unnoticed.
Through this article, I wish to make a paradigm shift in our lens of perception so that we take time to appreciate the small yet perfect things/moments in our lives. It’s all about being grateful for the things we already have, for the life that we are blessed with rather than blindly chasing the materialistic things.
- Laughing at old family photos. Because we are blessed to have felt the warmth of a family. There are many unfortunate people who crave this feeling.
- The moment just after the front door shuts and you suddenly have the whole house to yourself. This is my personal favourite because why not!! 😀
- The smell of a home-cooked meal. Let’s admit it, there’s nothing more comforting than a home-cooked meal.
- Listening to a song that actually makes you feel better. Music soothes us and calms us down. Listening to our favourite songs is something everybody thoroughly enjoys.
- When you make eye contact with your best friend from across the room and you both automatically smile. Because only a best friend knows what is going on in our mind.
- Having an interesting conversation with a complete stranger. Strangers who are non-creepy and non-rude are hard to find. Also, who knows if they end up becoming an important part of our life.
- Finding out that others are experiencing the same problem you are experiencing, and finally knowing that you’re not alone. Aahhh! Such a relief!
- When traffic is light and you get home from work or school faster than usual. It’s the best feeling ever when I don’t find any traffic on the most traff*cked routes!
- Knowing deep down that you’ve made a difference in someone’s life. This is the most unparalleled feeling one can ever have.
- Realizing that you’re in the fastest moving checkout line at the grocery store. Well. Why not! 😉
- When someone you love, feels the same way for you. Isn’t it magical?
- The cold side of the pillow on a warm summer night. Can you deny this one?