One of the hardest things in life is – letting go. Whether it is a person, a relationship, an emotion or a priced possession. Change is never easy but letting go is oftentimes the best way forward. It clears out the toxicity from the past and makes space for newer and more positive opportunities in the future.
You’ve to emotionally free yourself from some of the things that once meant so much to you, so you can move beyond the pain it brings you. Again, it takes hard work to let go and refocus your thoughts, but it’s worth every bit of effort you can muster.
Mentioned below are some quotes reminders for the time you find yourself holding onto something that you should let go.
- Letting go isn’t about having the courage to release the past, it’s about having the wisdom and strength to embrace the present and to welcome the future. It’s not about forgetting – it’s about remembering without fear. It’s stepping forward with an open mind and the lesson so learned.
- One of the most rewarding and important moments in life is the moment you finally find the courage to let go of what you can’t change. When you let go of how it “should” be, you ignite the full potential of how it CAN be from this moment forward. Happiness, then, is ultimately letting go of what you think your life is supposed to be like right now and sincerely appreciating it for everything that it is, and making the very best of it.
- Letting go doesn’t mean you don’t care about something or someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only thing you really have control over is your next action in this moment. In most cases, you can’t calm the storm and it’s not worth trying. What you can do is calm yourself, and collect yourself, and the storm will pass.
- To let go is to be thankful for the experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, and helped you learn and grow. It’s the acceptance of everything you have, everything you once had, and the possibilities that lie ahead. It’s all about finding the strength to embrace life’s changes, to trust your intuition, to learn as you go, to realize that every experience has value, and to continue taking positive steps forward.
- As you take the next step, and the next step, your greatest defence against stress, frustration and defeat is your inherent ability to choose one thought over another. Remember this. If you look for reasons to be disheartened, if you look for reasons to give up and give in, you’ll find plenty of them. Look instead for reasons to be positive, and see them everywhere. Then carry on.